Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Welcome Home Wednesdays

I am borrowing that title from Disney Vacation Club's weekly events, held at the Boardwalk, on Wednesdays.  These events are for their DVC members, and include a game show, prizes and new information and incentives for members.
I hope to jump start a weekly event for the next month or so that showcases the many DVC resorts on property as well as those scattered elsewhere. We became DVC members in 2006 on our honeymoon cruise and own at Saratoga Springs as well as Bay Lake Tower

Today's Spotlight: (The Newest) Disney's Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort
                                                              (BLT as us disfans like to call it)

The Contemporary has always had a special place in my heart and I am still fascinated that the monorail travels through the concourse of the hotel.  The husband and I were lucky enough to have stayed tehre several time over the years and the views are beautiful.
Once we heard construction was ending on the newest addition to the DVC family we knew we had to join. We ere among the first 1600 families to call BLT home and even haver our own plaque top prove it.

We were fortunate enough to plan a trip down for opening day/week in August and we were completely thrilled with the new digs.  There were some bumps during our stay simply because we were the first people  staying there but overall the experience was A+  and we are excited to stay there on future trips.

I took hundreds of pictures of this place so here is a showcase
















































































































































































the pathway connecting BLT to the Contemporary     
 
Tempo Fountain dedicated to founding members.








The awesome members only pool and slide




the lobby of BLT building





Magic Kingdom View from 3rd floor



the view from Top of the World Lounge and Observation Deck.
The views I think speak for themselves and were a selling point for us.  They leave a disney fan breathless


2 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! I hope I can stay there someday! I know I will never convince Steve to buy DVC but I hope we can stay there once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Gina - you know owners there so anytime you both want to stay let us know...we cna plan a trip. :)

    ReplyDelete