I suppose I have to admit, this is a legit question but it doesn’t mean it’s not annoying as hell.
No Mickey Mouse did not marry me.
No I did not get married at the castle (although that thought does sound appealing to me)
No we didn’t dress up as Cinderella and prince charming.
No we did not just show up on Main Street and elope.
Yes I did have a Disney Fairytale Wedding.
That pretty much answers the main questions I receive when someone hears our interesting wedding locale. If I’ve learned anything over the past 4-5 years is that people just don’t understand why we would want a wedding in Disney. It seems childish to many and people can’t see past the character running around the parks and kids riding attractions to see that there might just be an aura of romance and elegance about the happy place.
What I would love people to see and experience is that weddings in
Disney are some of the most incredible, breathtaking, classy, elegant, fun-filled events I have ever seen. Some of them I can hardly believe were in Disney World. Even more important is that no two Disney weddings are the same…they are all so different and unique. See for yourself!
Disney's Wedding Pavilion
Disney's American Adventure Rotunda

Ballroom at Grand Floridian Resort
The Living Seas Lounge in Epcot
Grand Floridian's Whitehall Patio
Epcot's Italy
.jpg)
I think anyone who really knows my husband and I knew there was no other place suitable for us to get hitched. We both had similar upbringings with yearly visits to Orlando with our family. When we got engaged we had no other location in mind. Really if we hadn’t been able to get married in Disney I think we would have just gotten married on a beach. We were both so connected to this place and our relationship really formed because of our joint interest, we had to have it there.
This, however, isn’t a post on how wonderful our wedding was or to pour through countless images of our day. If you are interested in seeing a brief synopsis of our day check out this blog
Carly – a fellow Disney bride writes this awesome blog – she is the queen of blogging in my book. She showcased our wedding as part of her bridal spotlight. And you can see countless other amazing Disney weddings.
And if you want information on Disney weddings - she is the girl so check out her blog
A Disney Wedding
From the day we contacted Disney, to the day we had our planning session complete, and to the day we arrived in Disney and the wedding day. Everything, from start to finish, was first class service and more than we had ever expected. Ask any Disney bride or groom what their experience was like and there is no doubt in my mind you would hear more stories like this. Brides and Grooms don’t walk away disappointed by having their event there and more likely walk away with something more than they ever dreamed.
There are some big misconceptions people have with Disney weddings
People actually thought we stopped on Main Street and just got hitched. In reality a wedding here is like any wedding. There is a lengthy process completed by real professionals in Disney. You have so many people helping you during the planning process from your planner, their assistants, floral consultants, chefs, and photography and video vendors. (And these are all just part of the process at no extra fee) And there is nothing cheap and cheesy about Disney weddings. With the Disney Fairytale Wedding (DFTW) team on your side you are getting a stamp of approval from the Disney Company. Let’s face it: Disney doesn’t put their name on junk. That name carried a standard of quality with it and that carries through to their events.
#2 - You have to have a “Disney” wedding and not a wedding in Disney.
There is a big difference and most of the gorgeous weddings I have seen have no trace of Disney in them at all. They are simply held in some beautiful locations throughout their property. Some choose to add Disney touches into their event through décor or invitations. We had Disney in our wedding as it was a part of our relationship. So we had Mickey’s placed on our cake and tables, and then made the big addition of the characters. We invited Mickey, Minnie and Stitch to our reception to dance, greet guests and cause some trouble on the dance floor.
DFTW offers many characters to entertain your guests such as Donald, Daisy, Goofy and a few more. But the truth is many don’t have any trace of the famous mouse at their event.
Happy couple Gina & Steve
#3 – You’re wedding must have cost a fortune!
Not really true at all. We live in the Northeast and weddings here are BIG…the bigger the better actually and with that comes a hefty bill at the end. We knew that going into our wedding and knew that a wedding in NY meant at least 50k, for our guest list.
Our Disney wedding didn’t come close to that number. You can have a great classy wedding of any size there and pay as little at 5k to as much as your heart desires.
We actually saved money having our wedding in FL, and we didn’t cut corners. We had a full ceremony, reception with appetizer and plated meals, characters to entertain our guests and a firework dessert party. The special additions we added and others would never have been possible in NY.
The other benefit for us was cutting our guest list. I know this sounds cruel. But when I thought of my wedding day I didn’t see 200 of our not-so-closest friends and un-friends there. I saw the people that really were a part of our lives. By hosting our event in Florida we didn’t have Aunt Betsy’s best friend’s daughter at our event (note: there is no Aunt Betsy) we had 85 of our favorite people attend.
Where else can you end your night with fireworks that don't cost an arm and a leg?
Confetti Canons
Cinderella's carriage
Since our wedding in 2006 Disney has added more fabulous locations.
I mean where else (other than in the country of choice) is it possible to have your wedding ceremony in China, Italy, or Morocco?
And if you are not a frequent visitor to the east coast. Disneyland has its own incredible weddings.
And if you are not a frequent visitor to the east coast. Disneyland has its own incredible weddings.
They have even started their own line of wedding dresses through designer Kirstie Kelly. All I can say is I would have been in serious debt if I had gotten married now.
I kind of like these two best. It’s from the Cinderella line – they have one styled after each princess of course
Brides and Grooms can even add a touch of Disney romance to their wedding at home through their online merchandise shop
So in summary – Disney weddings rock! No in complete honesty people who attended our weddings and those of friends there still talk about it and how much fun it was.
I think the biggest proof of just how awesome the weddings are there is that my sister and brother in law held their wedding there this past July as well. They saw what a class act Disney was and how much fun the experience was for us that they got married there as well. And as I said before – no two weddings are the same.
For more information on Disney Fairytale Weddings – check out their website.
Oh and did I forget to mention that Disney hosts Vow Renewals for couples? Well they do and let’s just say past DFTW couples kind of get the itch to have another event….and this girl is no different.
My locale of choice? Hawaii
So don’t be surprised if you see an invite in let’s say 2016.
Thank you to the great brides who let me borrow their pictures: Jess, Gina and Kara and Vanessa!!
Thank you to the great brides who let me borrow their pictures: Jess, Gina and Kara and Vanessa!!
























:-) Thanks for featuring our wedding.
ReplyDeleteI love this post because people really do have this misconception about WDW weddings. I know I had skeptics among my guests who were floored by the quality and detail of our wedding.
I can't imagine being married anywhere else!!!!!!
Your wedding was beautiful and we had a great time. I was so glad we were able to experience it with you.
ReplyDelete